Monday, November 25, 2013

Thankful. Grateful. All sorts of "fuls"

This post shall be pretty short and sweet. I am knee deep in photos and preparing my kiddos for the next round of Proficiency tests. I am sitting in my beautiful home with the glow of our Christmas tree (cut me some slack, Jason works this weekend so we had to decorate the inside early. The outside still is very Fallish) and I am flooded with reminders and flashbacks that this life of mine is so good.


The girl in the photo above (credit:Dirt and Lace Photography) is of a girl who was scared to death and just lived day to day. A girl who wanted so many things for an uncertain future. Little did she know how quickly her life would change. My life is fuller, richer, much more stressful, and a mess of gorgeous chaos. I am so blessed beyond measure.

I was reminded by some colleagues this week that many of our kiddos actually dread the holidays. Many of them will miss the consistency of school, nourishment, and love from their very over-worked teacher(s). I am reminded that this time of year is also difficult for people who have lost loved ones. Losing my amazing Grandmother at Christmas 10 years ago broke my heart and is a pain I feel daily even to this very moment. She would have been such a pillar of strength me and I hope I have made her proud. I am reminded of how I am lucky to have new family members and my Parents and Brother. I am still blessed beyond measure.

I think back to just last Thanksgiving with Jason meeting my family, and now to this year and all the wonderful excitement surrounding us in getting married. I can only imagine what the next year will hold. I know whether it be full of positive events or struggle, I am always blessed beyond measure.

Happy Thanksgiving. Don't eat too much. ;)

xoxo-mere


0 comments:

Post a Comment