Sunday, August 12, 2012

No longer a "Yes Girl"...

Well hello there Loves. I am in a funky place these days so I figured what a better way to get it out than to blog about it?? Right. Anyway, I am in the home stretch of summer vacation which means... I am going back to work on Wednesday. "Back to work" is a relatively funny term for me because I feel like I have been working my tail off for a while. After losing my job in June 2011, I was looking for a sense of purpose. Yes, school was a main priority but I wasn't near finished and Teaching seemed SO FAR AWAY!!!! (cue dramatic *dun dun duuuuun* music) Photography was my gem. It was a rock that I pulled out of the ground, polished, cut, and shined into the diamond it has become today. So, it comes as no surprise I am struggling with the transition taking place this week. I hate telling people "No, sorry, can't do that.." It actually physically hurts me.



I feel like I am letting people down as crazy as that sounds. Maybe I feel that way because it's an extension of a greater let down in my life. (Not going there) I am struggling with all this and I know it will be fine. There are lots of other very talented Photographers out there who will take great photos of the people I have grown very attached to and their children. I am actually getting teary eyed typing this. I also know I am not "quitting" by any means. Just... scaling back. I am a person who gives everything I have to anyone and anything. I am realizing I am done being a "Yes" girl. I have to start doing what is best for me and this is the first step.


It is strange for me to even write this.. I mean, I am over the moon to be teaching so why in the h*ll am I even down about anything? I just need to get in my classroom, get set-up, meet my students, and live my dream. I think things are shifting and I am feeling it.. Hopefully, for the good. :)

Have a good one. XOXO-Mere

0 comments:

Post a Comment