Sunday, October 28, 2012

Gaining Perspective..


Ya'll know me. I am a Pinterest junkie and it should come as no surprise I came across this little quote pinning away. It seriously spoke to me. I find myself trying more and more to remain and stay as positive as possible, this is not always an easy task. But.. is it really so tough? I started to think about my conversations with my friends and family and how I have had a lot of great things to chat about and how before, it was always about the "stress" or "life's little annoyances."

Now, don't get me wrong. Girls gotta vent every once and a while but oh, how I wish we spoke about the joys in life more often. I also started thinking about how very lucky I am to have a few close friends who actually call me to see how I am and are happy, excited, and genuinely want to hear about the goods things happening in my world. I hope they know I feel the same way for them and I almost feel giddy when they tell me good things.

Support is important. Not only given but received. I wish more people thought that way and it reminds me of a conversation my father and I had not too long ago about "the less friends you have, the better off you are.." I wanted to instantly disagree! "Dad, how can you say this to a girl who has 37 bffs?!" Then.. slowly.. the gears started turning. "Friends" is a relative term. I am all about quality, not quantity these days.


In other news...  Brace your little selves.. I am almost afraid to type this.. but.. I am seriously in such a wonderful state of mind and place right now that I KNOW talking about the good stuff will not be too difficult for me. Am I stressed out of my mind with work, photography, love, life, family, friends, fitness, etc, etc? You bet your sweet potato I am but all of a sudden.. things seem.. calm in the midst of crazytown. I think focusing on what I can control, what is good, and looking forward to the outcomes, is keeping me grounded.

This post, like much of my posts recently, probably seems like it is on meth but you know me, I gotta write it out to process it all. I hope your week is full of joys to share and good, good, stuff.

xoxo-mere

0 comments:

Post a Comment