Thursday, January 3, 2013

Order



The new year. 1-1. It marks so much for so many people. I have been asking friends and family about what a new year means to them and I got a lot of one word responses. "fresh" "clear" "hope" "beginnings" "ends" and the one that shocked me the most is "promise." It got me thinking about my own feelings for a new year and the first thing I thought of for 2013 is "order."

Not chronological order (I just taught that concept to my students before our break) but security. I am in need of a major overhaul in a couple of areas in my life. I wrote down 3 areas that I want order in and why? Here is what I came up with in no particular order.

1. Selling the abyss that is my old house. It's baggage, I don't like having baggage, and I am in the need for my OWN space. I can't get there until this is taken care of but also... I am over playing "victim" in this situation. I am the kind of person as many of my close peeps know that if I do something, I do it. 110%. This situation... I haven't been as aggressive as I should have been. Guess what? That ended today and hopefully in the next week. I put my helmet on for battle. :)

2. Finances. O.M.G. Every flipping year I say the following words, "I will get out of debt." Then, I find some cute necklace or go on a Target tangent and I say.."next paycheck." That also ended today. I opened up a few accounts to pay off silly debt and I am working on my impulse. :/ "working" is a relative term. Note to self, stay off Etsy for a while... In all seriousness, I told myself a long time ago that "I will never be financially dependent on another person again." I am going to get there. This year!

3. Insecurity. The bain of my existence. I have been really insecure lately and I am not sure what the heck is triggering this reaction? I have always struggled with feeling "good enough" "attractive enough" "smart enough". Just.. enough. I need to get off the whiny pants train and be happy with what I have and what I do. It is what it is...

So there you have it. I, Meredith C. Mooney, in order to have order in my life, must work on these 3 areas and the rest will just fall into place. Right?

Happy New Year Loves.

xoxo-mere

*ps. my next blog will be a contest to see how long it takes before I go to Target and hand them the magic $96.*


0 comments:

Post a Comment